The application window closes on Feb 20, 2024.
This will be a every other weekend (Saturday and Sunday) position for morning shifts for medication delivery and progress to medication histories and other intern responsibilities. Looking to hire 4 interns by mid-February to train to replace the graduating interns. See link for more details.
The pharmacy student (intern) assists pharmacists to provide pharmacy services including the evaluation and input of licensed independent practitioner orders/prescriptions, and the technical functions of drug procurement, preparation, and distribution. These and all other duties are completed under the supervision of a pharmacist. Expectation: Become proficient in pharmacy technical functions and the basic pharmacology and utilization of medications.
Essential Job Duties
• Provides excellent service to patients, pharmacists, interns, technicians, and other healthcare professionals in the areas of responsibility.
• Communicates effectively with all staff regarding responsibilities and identified concerns.
• Provides patient education/counseling under the direct supervision of the pharmacist on staff as training and mentoring permits.
• Is training to become competent and effective in technical responsibilities assigned, and seeks appropriate training and peer feedback on routine responsibilities.
• Understands and is compliant to all state and federal laws, regulations, policies and procedures, and guidelines related to their specific area of practice.
• Participates and supports the fiscal responsibilities of the department, facility, and Intermountain Healthcare as a whole.
• Provides delivery of medications, information and/or service in a professional, timely manner and is actively engaged in department and team goals, activities, and projects.
• Consistently attains appropriate supervision and accuracy checks by the pharmacist(s) on staff when working, understanding that the pharmacist is the supervisor of their activities.
• Participates in quality improvement activities, and constantly seeks a team approach to developing and achieving best practices and processes.
• Benefits Eligible: No
• Shift Details: 8 hours a week to work every other weekend, for morning hours.
• Department: Inpatient pharmacy at Utah Valley Hospital
• Additional Details: This intern position will support weekend medication delivery for the inpatient pharmacy. There are 3 positions available.
• Current state Pharmacy Intern license.
• Must be accepted/enrolled in an accredited College of Pharmacy.
• Carrying, hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing.
• Prior Pharmacy Technician hospital experience.
• 1st year or 2nd year Pharmacy student.
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
To learn more and apply, click here!Published in