Hello, future pharmacists!
I hope everyone is having a good summer so far! We are saddened to see the closure of IHC clinic pharmacies but, we have a unique job opportunity at the University of Utah Hospital and Clinics Outpatient Pharmacy! See below for job information.
University of Utah Hospital and Clinics- Outpatient Pharmacy is now hiring a Pharmacy Intern!
Outpatient Pharmacy has many diverse opportunities that are not offered at other locations such as:
• Delivering and counseling patients on new medications to discharge from the hospital.
• Filling medications from specialty clinics allowing counseling and familiarity with medication therapies not seen frequently.
• Working closely and having easy access to providers for questions.
• Working with a variety of departments and building relationships across the hospital system.
• Opportunities to administer vaccinations frequently
• Opportunities to learn and become familiar with Outpatient and Inpatient functions of Epic (one of the largest electronic medical record systems).
This would be a great opportunity for motivated students that are wanting to increase their application of skills learned in the classroom! Outpatient Pharmacy is less than a 10-minute walk from the College of Pharmacy, so no need to worry about commuting from class to get to work. Scheduling is flexible, most shifts will be weekends and closing, allowing flexibility with class schedules.
1. Current Utah State Pharmacy Intern Licensure
1. Currently enrolled pharmacy student. Preferred 1st year but will look at all applicants.
2. Prior pharmacy technician or intern experience (not required but preferred)
If interested (or for questions regarding the position), please email resume to:
If you have any questions about the job, please feel free to email me at email@example.com or text me at 801-842-4239.
If preferred, you can email
Chris Hansen, PharmD