Dear PharmD Candidates,
If you are considering residency, please take a moment to look at our program, Owensboro Health Regional Hospital, located in Owensboro, Kentucky. We are an ASHP-accredited PGY1 residency program at a large, non-profit, community hospital. We are currently recruiting for our 10th class of residents. I have included contact and website information, as well as key program features below.
You can find more information about the program here at our website:
We are also on the ASHP residency directory at the following link:
Key Program Features
- Large community hospital located in Western Kentucky
- Average daily patient census is about 275, but can range to over 300 patients
- Over 65,000 emergency department visits annually
- Level III Trauma Center
- Primary Stroke Center
- Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Family Medicine Medical Residency
• ASHP-accredited program
• Two positions with salary of $47,500
- Required rotations include Orientation, Infectious Diseases, Internal Medicine, Critical Care, Ambulatory Care, Emergency Medicine, and Administration/Management
- Allows for five elective opportunities – see webpage for list of elective opportunities
Required longitudinal rotations include Drug Information, Medication Use Evaluation, Pharmacy Practice/Staffing, Research, and Teaching Certificate
• Diverse preceptor team, including several residency-trained and/or board-certified preceptors (BCCCP, BCPS, BCPP, BCID, BCACP, and BCGP)
• Residency mentor program to provide support and guidance
• Affiliation with the University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy which provides opportunities for didactic classroom lectures, teaching certificate mentorship, research assistance, and access to an electronic medical library
• Many opportunities for teaching within the organization including, but not limited to, institution-wide multidisciplinary grand rounds, nursing and nursing student education, and pharmacy student precepting
• Application is online via PhORCAS
• We welcome all qualified candidates to apply to our program. In accordance with ASHP standards, we strive for a diverse pool of applicants, including, but not limited to, those underrepresented in pharmacy residency programs, as well as the profession of pharmacy itself.
Ways to Interact with Our Program
Various days in November – Attend an open house via Zoom hosted by us
Tuesday, November 15th @ 6-7:30pm CST: Join here
Wednesday, November 16th @ 11 am-1 pm CST: Join here
This will be a video chat open house where you have the opportunity to chat in small groups (breakout rooms) with current residents and preceptors. There will be no formal programming. Students are invited to log-on at any time during the time frame above (event is a come-and-go event and you are not expected to stay the entire time).
Tuesday, December 6th – Visit our booth at the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting Residency Showcase
Anytime – If you are unable or uncomfortable participating in one of the above venues, feel free to reach out to myself or other residency program leaders. Contact information can be found on our website. We would be happy to set-up a phone call or video chat with you one-on-one.
Thank you and best of luck in your residency program search!Published in