We are looking to hire a passionate pharmacist to support our physician staff, fill patient prescriptions, uphold pharmacology best practices, and contribute to our team.
George E. Wahlen Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center. 500 Foothill Boulevard. Salt Lake City, UT 84148
VA’s five core values underscore the obligations inherent in VA’s mission: Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect, and Excellence.
- Review and process oral and parenteral inpatient pharmacy orders
- Communicating important pharmacological information to physicians, nurses, and patients as needed
- Ensure patient health and safety by adhering to all health codes, laws, and regulations
- Dispense medications with the proper delivery, dosage, labeling, and packaging
- Maintain an orderly pharmacy by monitoring drug supply, ensuring sufficient inventory, and removing expired or damaged medications
Skills and Qualifications
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) from an accredited institution
- Prior experience working in a hospital environment preferred, but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- PGY1 Residency preferred, however, not required.
- Valid state pharmacist licensure in ANY state in the USA
This is a full time (40 hours a week) job opening for a staff inpatient pharmacist. The position will be primarily day shift and rotating weekends, but you must also be available to work evenings and night shifts on occasion. This is a contract pharmacist position.
Interested applicants are asked to email CV or resume to Stephen Shroy. Please feel free to contact with any questions regarding the position.Published in