This all-virtual experience with Aetna Medicaid will focus on Drug Utilization Review (DUR) program and processes for a Medicaid Managed Care environment. This rotation offers experience and exposure to multiple Aetna Managed Medicaid health plans across numerous states and their varying regulations and requirements. Student Pharmacists that are selected would be supported with necessary equipment and access to complete the experience virtually.
Define DUR Program as defined by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), understand the three elements of required CMS DUR Program (i.e., Retrospective DUR, Prospective DUR, and Educational Outreach), and demonstrate understanding of how these three elements are utilized to improve member health outcomes and assure proper stewardship of health care resources.
• Understand the DUR requirements of section 1927(g)(3)(D) and 42 CFR 456, subpart K of the Social Security Act (medicaid.gov/medicaid/prescription-drugs/drug-utilization-review)
• Understand the DUR requirements Section 104 of the SUPPORT Act
• Participate/contribute to programs and processes for the three elements of DUR program
Key Areas Educational Experience
Student Pharmacists will complete several projects and assignments relevant to the learning experiences of this rotation. These may include, but are not limited to:
• Development of Provider Newsletter(s) on drug information/utilization topic of timely interest/clinical concern
• Development of Educational Outreach Program(s) from ideology, design, and approval for future implementation
Student Pharmacists interested in being considered for the Aetna Medicaid – Managed Medicaid DUR APPE should submit all required materials via Qualtrics by Wednesday, November 30th, 2022.
Required materials include:
• Curriculum Vitae
• Letter of Intent | What do you seek to gain from the rotation and how do you believe this experience will support your future career plans?
• Letter of Recommendation | Provided by a current faculty member or other professional reference
CVS Health staff will review all complete applications. If staff requires more information about a Student Pharmacists’ application or interest in the program, phone interviews may be conducted. All students, and their given School/College of Pharmacy, will be notified of their placement status no later than 12/31/2022.
Contact the CVS Health Experiential Learning and Residency Programs Team via email at PharmacyRotations@CVSHealth.comPublished in